Monday 12 January 2015

First steps...

I started learning Kendo at Tsubaki dojo in the UK with my two boys last Autumn. Instantly, I was hooked! I've dabbled with various martial arts over the years but straight away here was something that just felt special. I believe a big part of that feeling came (and continues to come) from the Sensei of our dojo and the friendly support of all the other students. I'm going to use this blog to keep track of my progress and learning experience.

A few Kendo firsts for me...

First Lesson


First competition (internal club - kirikaeshi for 'non armoured') and first time to wear do and tare.


First bruise!


First lesson in full armour (also the first lesson for my wife! This is now a family wide hobby :))


I'm sure there are many more 'firsts' to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment