Monday 26 January 2015

Jigeiko

Every time I have a jigeiko session I get something different out if it and my body also responds differently. The first time I was constantly out of breath, sweating and my arms were getting weaker and weaker. I was worried about being hit, I was moving around, blocking and very tense. Especially, I was quite intimidated by going against much taller or experienced students.

Now I like to think I am much more relaxed, taking care of my form and strikes, definitely less scared. Jigeiko feels much more of a partnership and a fun way to experiment with technique. I still sweat buckets and often feel like I am over heating towards the end but the tiredness I now feel is a welcome sense of a great workout rather than total exhaustion.

No comments:

Post a Comment